Monday, June 13, 2011

Update T Minus 4 Days

This is the first blog entry for the Gatemala trip and I hope to have updates throughout the trip - hopefully most of them with photos.We are now 4 days away from our departure. This blog will be my personal view and experiences of the trip, but I will try to incorporate as many group experiences along the way as I can.


Last minute shopping is in progress, at least for me, and I am still trying to get through the packing list to make sure I don't forget anything. Preparations for an international trip can be daunting and intimidating, but I found that if I just take it one list at a time I can do quite well. 


As far as packing goes, I am a checklist person. I like to lay my items out in a certain area as I go and check the items off of the list as I place them in the area. That way I know what I have left to find and pack. It can be a little frustrating, however, if I am still laundering some of the items I need to take or they are currently in use - razor, deodorant, etc. You get the idea.


I am also an advanced level packer/organizer. I have this gift of being able to rearrange items to fit the greatest number of objects into any given space. This really comes in handy when loading the dishwasher, packing luggage, playing Scrabble, etc. :)


Well, the team is getting ready for our trip to Guatemala, and we are getting excited! Last Saturday, 6/4/11, we spent all day learning and perfecting the dramas that we'll be performing in Guatemala City and the surrounding area when we are there. 


We also had the Commissioning Dinner this past Saturday, the 11th, and got to have our families and loved ones who are sending us off in attendance. Dinner was awesome, and I think we all ate our fill. There was sooo much good food!!!


After dinner, we worshiped for a bit and then had a really neat time of prayer. The team received prayer from our families and those who are sending us off, and the tables were turned and we got to pray for them! We are thankful for those who have been praying and interceding for the trip and for our safety as well.


I think that will suffice for now. Please keep the team in your prayers and remember to pray for Guatemala as well. The leadership of OBF is on the trip, and there will be awesome guest speakers coming - Rich Marshall and Doug Addison! Go see them and let God sow into your life through them!


Adios, amigos!


Steve



No comments:

Post a Comment