Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wakey Wakey!

Saturday morning. Ahhh. The fresh air, the birds singing. Okay, the birds are loud and obnoxious this morning. I heard some calls that I'm not sure were even from birds! LOL


Our hostal is pretty nice and the people here are treating us very nicely. The beds are comfortable and I slept really well last night. No air conditioning, but the weather here is such that you really don't need it. Warm during the day, and it cools off quickly in the evening. And the bugs aren't bad at all. We have been blessed with our accommodations.

Today, we will have our first ministry experience. Breakfast and drama run through's this morning, and then this afternoon and evening with a local pastor and their youth group. Don't have a lot of details yet, but I'l update after the fact. Please keep this ministry time in prayer, as the youth we will love on are from rough stock. Gangs and slums. 


My shower head is interesting. It has an on demand hot water heater right on the shower head. And it sprays in many directions. I was trying to adjust it yesterday and felt a moderate stinging sensation, as the electrical current ran through me. I was awake after that!


I am posting photos from yesterday and you can see them here


http://www.flickr.com/photos/64223545@N06/


Bless Ya!


Steve

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Steve. Love the pictures and it doesn't sound like you are really roughing it with your accommodations.

    You are in my prayers today.

    LaNette

    ReplyDelete